I received this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Genres: General YA, YA Romance
Check out the Switched Giveaway! CLICK HERE
Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.
Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.
If you are interested in a fun, fast read, you will probably like the book Switched by Cassie Mae.
You should read this book if….
- You are interested in fluffy, romantic novels with a nice amount of laugh-out-loud humor.
- You don’t mind that the characters are never developed beyond a pretty shallow level.
- You want to read something that you can get through quickly, with a really ‘stand-alone’ feel. I doubt a sequel to this book will be created. If there is one, I have no idea where they would take it.
You shouldn’t read this book if…
- You love the visceral, heart-ripping-out-of-your-chest romantic stories that make you want to jump in the book and comfort the characters yourself.
- You love when things become confusing and complicated beyond the typical he-said she-said.
- You want to relate it to everyday life- unless you are a bitch that likes to steal other peoples’ boyfriends.
I LIKED the book, but I didn’t LOVE the book. The intimate moments between two characters in particular are heartwarming and the parts I really felt for during the book. The author also has a really good sense of humor that shines through from page to page – I actually did laugh out loud while reading on several occasions.